In terms of best-in-the-world, Cape brandy has easily won the most accolades of them all, with the Cape winning the major International trophies most of the time. Besides healthy grapes, another of our strengths includes the strictly observed, minimum three years of oak maturation, making for a much smoother drinking experience. On the Wine Tasting Tours Brandy Tour, guests will be able to experience a range of diverse variants, at several different producers.
Today, South African brandy is acknowledged to be the world’s finest. Comprehensive legislation and a proud tradition ensure that our brandy is of the highest quality. The title of Worldwide Best Brandy at the International Wine & Spirits competition has been awarded to a South African brandy for six consecutive years. SA Brandy Foundation
The Cape offers blended, vintage and pot still brandies including Cognac styles which undergoes less distillation, is often more characterful but may lack the smoothness of more refined brandy. This Brandy Tour can be combined with (unfortified) wine tastings at no extra cost.
- Full day: 1 – 2 pax R3500; 3 pax R4000; 4 – 6 pax R5500; 7 -8 pax R6500
- Half day: 1 – 2 pax R2000; 3 pax R3000; 4 – 6 pax R4000; 7 -8 pax R5000 (half day tours only available for a Stellenbosch pick up & tour, otherwise full day rates apply).
- 3-4 wineries depending on start time, lunch break etc
- 16 + brandies tasted, or 20 + where combined with (unfortified) wine
- Pick up & drop off at accommodation
- Winemaker-led (unstuffy, relaxed)
Optional extra R500 – take a drive to Grabouw to see two of the biggest copper pot stills in the Southern Hemisphere, Long Tom and Big Bertha with a combined distillation capacity of 40,000 litres where you can enjoy a tutored tasting.
Excluded: lunch; tastings with food pairings.
Optional extra – explore Grappa made from grape pomace or marc