Explore and discover brandy tasting in Stellenbosch.
South Africa has an illustrious brandy history, including winning the acclaimed award of best brandy in the world at the 2010 International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC). Our local brandy has continuously triumphed at this event an impressive nine times in the past 12 years! It is because of this remarkable list of accomplishments that we at Wine Tasting Tours offer tours that include brandy tasting in Stellenbosch and around Cape Town.
There is a range of options for brandy tasting in Stellenbosch, such as blended, vintage and pot stilled brandies, including Cognac styles which undergo less distillation and are often richer in character, but lack the crisp smoothness of more refined brandies. Our brandy tasting Stellenbosch tours can be combined with unfortified wine tastings at no extra cost.
Our brandy tasting tours are priced as follows:
- Full day tour packages: 1-2 pax R3500; 3 pax R4000; 4-6 pax R5500; 7-8 pax R6500
- Half day tour packages: 1-2 pax R2000; 3 pax R3000; 4-6 pax R4000; 7-8 pax R5000 (half day tours only available for a Stellenbosch and Franschhoek pick up & tour or Constantia and Durbanville tours with Cape Town pick up, otherwise full day rates apply).
- Three to four wineries will be visited, depending on the tour start time, lunch break times and so forth.
- Over 16 unique and world renowned brandies will be tasted, or more than 20 if combined with unfortified wine tastings.
- Convenient pick up from and drop off at accommodation (extra fuel costs apply depending on winery locations).
- All tours are led by an expert winemaker, guaranteeing a fun and informative experience.
As per our wine tasting tours, meals and food pairings are excluded from the cost. Guests also have the option of exploring Grappa made from grape pomace or marc.
There is an optional extra (costing only R500) which includes driving to Grabouw to visit two of the largest copper pot stills in the Southern Hemisphere, known by their charming local nicknames of Long Tom and Big Bertha. They have a combined distillation capacity of 40 000 litres.
For an exceptional brandy tasting experience in Cape Town, that is also educational, get in touch with us to arrange a custom tour.